Thursday, June 26, 2008

Re-hash on Giambi's 'stache


Recently because Jason Giambi's mustache has been taking on a transparent, Larry Bird quality to it, he colored it darker. I guess it just wasn't turning out as robust as he wanted it to. I wish I had the foresight to challenge Jason to a mustache growing contest and put some money on it. I would have what he has in about a week. How long has he been working on his, a couple of months? I could've had about 100 grand of his salary by now. I think Giambi's success at the plate isn't related so much to his wispy facial hair as it is to the fact that this is a contract year for him.

4 comments:

Joe said...

Have you ever just grown the stache? I did one halloween when I went as SuperMario. One winter we should pay homage to our father, the King of the stache, and all three of us should grow it. I know our wives/girlfriends would hate it. Another good reason to do it.

Joe said...

Also, I will be home this weekend can we take some pics for the website in Yanks-Sox gear. Our PR dept. sucks at brosatarms. 3 months and no pics of the senior writers. You will be getting a call from my agent.

Dan said...

No 'stache on it's own, just a beard. I know they look dumb, which is why I've never done it. No one born after 1968 need ever grow a mustache. But then again, sometimes these things come back just like any fashion. Perhaps my son will end up sporting one in 20 years or so.

Dennis said...

Some things need to die, and deserve to be dead, I have to say the 'stache is one of them.

How about some trivia though. Last MVP with a 'stache was _________?