Wednesday, June 11, 2008

From enemy territory

The Yankees needed that win last night and more importantly Chien-Ming Wang needed that win. Wang hadn't won since May 2 and hadn't pitched well since a May 13 no decision against the Rays. The Yankees need him more than ever to right the ship and hopefully this start helps put him back on track.

Today I will actually be going on a mission into enemy territory, taking in a game at historic Fenway Park. As big a Yankee fan as I am, I am a bigger fan of the game. And though Fenway is hostile territory and it can be cramped and dirty (I know Yankee Stadium can be too), I love the history and uniqueness of the park and I don't like to pass up an opportunity to experience a game at Fenway.

I think it is in the interest of fans on both sides to make at least one trip to both stadiums. It gives you an appreciation for how the other side lives especially when they take on someone other than their arch rival. And if you're a Sox fan or just a baseball fan you should do all that you can to get to Yankee Stadium before it closes.

After all, some of the greatest players to ever grace a a diamond played there and seeing where Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio and Mantle built their legends is priceless.

No comments: