Wednesday, April 2, 2008

While You Were Sleeping

Unfortunately, I wasn't awake to see the Sox triumph in their real opener. Such is life when you are a new father who works full time and just spent the last two and a half hours working on the house you hope to move into in just a few short weeks. But I digress.

It was good to see Dice-K regain his control during last night's 2-1 win. When he's not sponsoring a walk-a-thon, the strike outs come with ease. Still the Sox can never seem to put their hitting together when Dice-K is dealing. Yes, the bats bailed him out of a number of poor outings last season. However, I counted at least five other starts when he gave up 2 or fewer runs and lost or had a no decision. In any event, I hope that Dice-K has turned the corner much like Josh Beckett did last season. When Josh learned to pitch, cut down on walks, and stopped trying to throw it through the back stop, he took it to the next level. I know Matsuzaka can do the same.

No comments: