Thursday, August 28, 2008

What a Great Night

Here are some thoughts about the game last night. It is rare that I get to see a Sox game while living in NYC, thankfully last night I had some time and watched the game on YES. I usually hate the Yankee guys in the booth, but last night I had two of my favorites; Al Leiter and John Flaherty. These guys were great. They brought their real big league experience to the broadcast. If they could only shut up Michael Kay it would have been perfect.

The Yankees played uninspired baseball. I first noticed it when I saw them play at the stadium a few weeks ago. That is the biggest difference between the Yanks and the Sox. The Sox are focused, working hard, and playing every game like a playoff game. (which in the reality of the playoff race every game is basically a playoff game) The Yankees are going through the motions. It is a good thing Pete is on vacation, but I have a feeling after this week he and the Yankees will be on vacation for the rest of the season.

It's the 8th inning, the Sox have just tacked on some insurance runs. I am enjoying some sushi, and wearing my Pedroia shirt. It's 2-0 to Pedroia, and I turn to my fiancee and say, "Here it comes." The next pitch, 3 seconds later, lands in the bullpen at Papelbon's feet. A moment I will remember for probably the rest of my life. (True Story)

Let's complete the sweep this afternoon and head home to Fenway going 7-2 on this trip.

No comments: