Friday, July 11, 2008

Rays Fade

Back in the friendly confines of Fenway, the Sox sweep the Twins in convincing fashion and the Rays have lost four in a row. The Rays are a scary team as we all know, but there's still a lot of ball to be played. Now the Rays' lead is down to 1.5. It's time for the Red Sox to put the pressure on and see if the youngsters in Tampa can handle it. Boston begins a three games set against the pesky Orioles this evening. These divisional games are always dangerous it doesn't matter if it's the Yanks or the Blue Jays. The teams know each other too well for there to be many blowouts.

Clay Buchholz gets the start tonight. I had almost forgotten about him since Justin Masterson filled in so admirably. I hope he gets that 5.53 ERA down a bit. Hopefully the Sox will take care of things tonight at home because then it's off to the west coast for the next week to play the Angels and Mariners.

I'm going to be honest. There's no way I'm going to catch most of those games. Although, sometimes the west coast trips work out well for me. Games that start at 1:00pm Pacific get underway around the time I get out of work. It's nice to come home, crack open a beer, watch the game, and know the result before it's off to beddy by for me. Don't look at me that way! I'm old, I have a kid, and I have kidney stones that make you afraid you're going to die... until you're afraid you're not going to die. I need my rest.

No comments: