Monday, July 28, 2008

Disaster Averted

The Sox win last night in no way atones for their losses the previous two nights verse the Yanks. However, I can take solice in the fact that John Lester continues to improve, and I think he has made the case for him to be the number two starter ahead of Dice-K. At the very least, the Yankees are still in the rear view, and the win Sunday allowed the Sox to pick up a game on the Rays, which is the most important thing.

I am a little concerned that the Sox haven't been more active around the trade deadline. I know there's no point in making a trade just to make one, and I'm not talking about dealing Manny. (I don't think they should pick up his option but that's another post.). But it doesn't seem like they've been exploring any options to beef up the bullpen other than moving Justin Masterson there.

The Angels are up tonight. Boston looked pathetic against them last week. I hope they can show some pride and at least take two of three. If the Sox can't protect their house, a promising season could go down the toilet pretty quickly.

No comments: