Monday, April 27, 2009

Long Weekend

Sox fans are overjoyed following last weekend's sweep of our hated rivals. I would temper your enthusiasm if I were you. The Sox got some breaks that helped them stymie the Yanks. Combacks like those of game one and two are never regular occurences. A sweep in The Stadium the next time the teams meet is quite likely. All these three games did is confirm what we already know, anything can happen between these teams, and it usually does.

That being said; I'm going to count down my favorite moments from the series.
#3 Jason Veritek's grand slam in game 2. You go, Old Man.
#2 Jason Bay's two run homer off Rivera in game 1. Now Bay has official been initiated into the Yanks-Sox rivalry. As I keep telling my bros, I understand the Sox desire to go left, right, left in the order. But with Papi struggling and J.D. Drew being... himself, you have to move Bay up in the order, don't you?
#1 Jacoby Ellsbury's steal of home in game 3. Say what?!

No comments: