Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Beckett Pitches Gem in Opener

Josh Beckett threw a solid 7 innings yesterday in the Sox delayed season opener at Fenway. The Boston hitters got the better of last year's nemesis, James Sheilds, scoring 5 runs in 5 1/3 innings. Of course, I wish I could have watched the bloody game.

NESN decided to air Bruins hockey instead. During the first part of the season, I have to deal with hockey games interrupting my baseball. I bet Yankee fans don't have to suffer with watching the freakin' Islanders supercede their games on YES. How could you not air opening day? I know it was postponed, but c'mon! Instead, I watched a different homage to Boston, The Depahted... er Departed. I forgot how good that movie is. I think I was hard on it when it first came out because I was expecting another Good Fellas or something.

Anyway. I'll try to watch the game again tonight. Scott Kazmir vs. Jon Lester; lefty vs. lefty. It should be a beauty.

1 comment:

Dennis said...

I think when NESN has a hockey game the Red Sox are usually on channel 11 or something like that.