Tuesday, October 28, 2008

NFL Top 10

    Here's what you've been waiting for kids. Dan's first installment of the NFL Top 10. I have also included a special weekly feature at the end of the post. Enjoy.

    1. Titans (7-0): This team has a nastiness that I like and a great O-line. I think they need find an offensive focal point. Chris Johnson perhaps.


    2. Giants (6-1): I've never seen a team so deep with offensive play makers. They showed they can win a slugfest as well by beating Pittsburgh last weekend.


    3. Patriots (5-2): You just can't count them out... ever. If you can't be the '07 Pats, then be the '01 Pats. They won it all, if you remember.


    4. Redskins (6-2): The league's #1 rushing offense + no interceptions for Jason Campbell= Wins. Beware the second half swoon, 'Skins fans.


    5. Steelers (5-2): They win when Big Ben plays well. So why can't they protect their best commodity? If Ben can't stay upright, they will be in trouble. He's partially to blame for not getting rid of the football.


    6. Panthers (6-2): John Fox always gets this team to play tough. They will not be an easy out.


    7. Bills (5-2): Yeah, I know they just lost to the Dolphins, but I'm not going to down grade for a close divisional loss. They're young and talented. Will they have enough to get past New England? B-squared likes to eat young and talented for breakfast.

    8. Bears (4-3): The D is back and Rex is on the bench. How did they miss the fact that Kyle Orton is actually kind of good?


    9. Buccaneers (5-3): They're in the playoff race as of now, but I don't like them very much. There's something about John Gruden I don't like. Maybe it's his face.

    10. Cowboys (5-3): I don't know why, but here they are. I feel like things will get better when Tony Romo gets back (namely my fantasy team).

    What the hell is up with....? Media coverage of the Jets. They complain that the Jets should have blown out the Raiders and the Chiefs in consecutive weeks because they're so much better. They lost to the Raiders in OT and barely beat the Chiefs. This is all I heard on New York radio on Sunday. Has it ever occurred to you that the Jets may be closer to the level of Oakland and KC than they are to the playoffs? They stink and so does Brett Favre. I like Favre as much as the next guy, but he's had it. Thanks to the media market we're in I get to watch his slow, torturous decline every Sunday until the Rapture.

    No comments: