Wednesday, November 12, 2008

NFL Top 10: Week 11

The two top spots are set and have been for a while. As for the rest; they're in then they're out. They're up then they're down. Argh, get that stupid Katy Perry song out of my head.

1. Giants (8-1): Last week #1. They're only two wins away from the 10 they had last season. The tough win on the road against the Eagles earns major points with me.

2. Titans (9-0): Last week #2. I'm still waiting for them to impress me somehow. Give them credit though. You set 'em up; they knock 'em down.

3. Patriots (6-3): Last week #5 . I wonder if there's a job for Matt Cassell somewhere else after the season. The Pats are going to raid some poor sap for draft picks to give him up.

4. Redskins (6-3): Last week #6. Perhaps I'm over-reaching here a little bit with this ranking. But I fully expect the 'Skins to take care of the 'Boys this week, Romo or no Romo.

5. Steelers (6-3): Last week #3. As Big Ben goes, so go the Steelers, down two spots after a subpar performance. Consistency is starting to become a problem for him.

6. Panthers (7-2): Last week #4. Just as I was about to continue gushing about the Panthers. Jake Delhomme turns in one of the most putrid stat lines I've ever seen: 7-27, 72 yds, 4 int. Against the Raiders! To be fair he did throw a TD as well (whoopdeedoo).

7. Colts (5-4): Last week #8. The rest of the AFC thought they wouldn't have the Colts to deal with anymore. Oops.

8. Cardinals (6-3): Last week unranked. Kurt Warner has been absolutely carrying this team. I love Anquan Boldin. He's like TO, but without the attitude. These two guys are tough as nails.

9. Buccaneers (6-3): Last week #9. I'm waiting for them to hit a rough patch, but this team keeps plugging along.

10. Falcons (6-3): Last week unranked. Matt Ryan is the real deal and shows you how important quarterback play is with the way he's resurected the Falcons. We'll see if he hits a rookie wall at any point.

What the hell is up with...? The Chargers. They are by far the most disappointing team in football for me. There is lots of talent there as we all know, but the results don't reflect it. I feel bad for L.T. He's still got some miles left on his tires, but that window for a running back's prime can shut in a hurry. He's 29, and you know what happens to running backs at 30. I hope some how he's able to win a Super Bowl before it's done. He's a player and a person I really like.

No comments: