Monday, November 24, 2008

NFL Top 10: Week 13

We're down to the last month or so of the season. The wildcard races are getting hairy. Whatever you do, don't start trying to figure out all of the tie breaker scenarios. It's enough to give you a stroke.

1. Giants (10-1): Last week #1. The G-Men didn't play their best game against the Cardinals. But what impressed me is that in spite of being down Plaxico Burress and Brandon Jacobs, they were able to answer each time Cardinal offense scored and made it a game.


2. Titans (10-1): Last week #2. Any team with a defense like that has a chance for the Super Bowl. They had an uncharacteristically bad game against the Jets, but what concerns me more is the offense. They need to run the ball better. Anyone who thinks that Kerry Collins can shoulder the offensive load week-in and week-out is a fool.


3. Steelers (8-3): Last week #4. They seem to have their mojo back after a short rough patch. Big Ben looked like his towering, formidable self on Thursday night. They have a chance to make a statement against the Pats in their next game.


4. Jets (8-3): Last week #10. Believe it or not, right now they are the 2nd seed in the AFC. Huh? I am very impressed with their back-to-back wins over the Patriots and Titans.

5. Colts (7-4): Last week #5. Nice hard fought win against a Chargers team that was desperate and usually has their number. The rest of the schedule is very favorable for the Colts including the season finale against the Titans who will have nothing to play for.

6. Patriots (7-4): Last week #6. Another team with an easy schedule down the stretch. If they can beat the Steelers coming up, they could easily finish 12-4. So much for the season being lost without Tom Terrific.

7. Redskins (7-4): Last week #7. I don't know why I keep them around. Barely beating the hapless Seahawks doesn't instill me with much confidence. A win against the Giants Sunday would.

8. Panthers (8-3): Last week #3. I know I was singing their praises a few weeks ago, but Jake Delhomme's play has soured me on the Panthers. I can see them falling by the wayside.

9. Buccaneers (8-3): Last week #9. I have to see this team play more. I have to know how they're doing it.

10. Falcons (7-4): Last week #10. They're back in the top 10 after a nice victory against the Panthers. Wouldn't it be interesting if they could capture the division one year after the Vick/Petrino catastrophe?

What the hell is up with...? LenDale White of the Titans after the team's first loss of the season. Quoth White, "You would like to win it, but it is one game, so what? -- I only played three plays so I really couldn't tell you what happened, I don't really know, I wasn't paying attention, I didn't care really." Does that sound like the voice of a champion? Your team is 10-1 and a legit Super Bowl contender and that's what you have to say for yourself? Be thankful that they keep your fat behind on the roster so you can roll into the endzone for TD's. You could just take your 3.8 yard average to the unemployment line. P.S.-- What's up with the capital letter in the middle of your made-up name?

2 comments:

Joe said...

If I were in the AFC I would look out for the Pats and the Colts. Both teams are getting healthy and starting to play really well as a team. And No one and I mean NO ONE wants any part of those two teams in January. Not to mention, they have two of the softest schedules down the stretch.

Dan said...

I couldn't agree with you more.